Burning Permits


A burning permit is required anytime you burn outside of a firepit or burning barrel.  The only time a burning permit is not required is when there is snow on the ground.  If your fire gets out of your control at any time of the year, you will pay for the cost of all damages and fire fees.


First, you will need to call the Town Chairman, Charles Nelson at 715-822-2871 for a verbal permit to burn.  If he doesn’t answer, please leave a message stating your name and number and he will call you back.  He will need to know the time and location where you are burning and what you will be burning.  Without the Chairman’s approval you will be liable for any damage and fire call charges.


Next, you are required to call the Sheriff’s Department at 715-537-3106 on the day of the burn to tell them the address and time you will be burning. They will notify the local fire departments.


Thank you